Wutong Xifeng Yuan 1 Hao, Jinxi Zhen
Suzhou 215300 10am-5pm, T-Su
2020 Points International Residency Open Call WeChat Subscription
2020’s open call for Points Center for Contemporary Art’s international artist residency program has begun!
Points’ spring 2020 international artist residency program is recruiting residentartists, curators, and contemporary art researchers for 1-3 month residencies.The application deadline is February 15, 2020. In addition to focusing on artistic creation during the stay and experiencing life and traditional Chinese culture in the ancient water town of Jinxi, the Points Center’s staff is on hand to assist the artist in solving any problems encountered in their creative endeavors and daily life. In addition to this, you will also get:
Funding and support
· Domestic transportation subsidy not exceeding CNY1500, international transportation subsidy not exceeding CNY5000;
· Monthly living allowance of CNY5000 (pre-tax);
· Pick-up service;
· Living space and studio space;
· Facilities: exhibition space, woodworking room, small theater / screening space;
· Resources: staff assistance, events and exhibition promotion;
· Exhibition: an exhibition before the end of the residency;· Entry requirements: We hope that the artist will provide a public education activity before the end of the residency period. It can be any of an eclectic style of lecture, open studio, workshop, forum, presentation, etc.
Before applying, you should know:
· Application eligibility requirements: Age 25 years or older; Applicant is the original creator of works.
· Screening mechanism: Points jury members will screen applicants and select one candidate for the award.
· We will inform the selected artist by email and publish it on the official websites, WeChat public accounts, and Facebook pages.· Applying artists must comply with local laws and regulations during the residency period.
· Download the Points International Residency Application Form and fill it out carefully.
· The artist's latest resumé.
· The artist's portfolio, submitted as a PDF document (video art requires a website link within the PDF. Please do not mail personal documents. We maintain no obligation to return the original materials to sender.)· After you have prepared the above information, please send the materials to: email@example.com and write “Points Residency” in the subject line of the email.